By only working with quality, professional music teachers, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Francesco S.
Born and educated in Rome, Francesco moved to the UK to complete a course of academic studies in music, first as an undergraduate at Edinburgh University (Bachelor of Music with Honours) and then as a postgraduate at Huddersfield University.
Having completed a composition Masters in 2000 and a composition research (MPhil) in 2005, he specialised in music teaching through a training opportunity at Franklin College, Grimsby, via Sheffield Hallam University's PGCE (PCET) FE/HE programme, and gained experience of classroom teaching, during and following which he also taught as a violin specialist in schools around Leeds, and, later, as a full-time lecturer at East Berkshire College.
Following this, he taught as a full-time Instructor in Music at Aberdeen College (now North East Scotland College) from 2009 to 2015, delivering SQA units for composition, music technology, music industry, group and solo performance, as well as preparing students for ABRSM theory and LCM performance on piano and violin.
Since 2018 Francesco is also working p/t at Edinburgh College (former Jewel & Esk college) as a popular music lecturer, teaching studio/DAW units as well as MIDI composition and editing, mixing and mastering through ProTools and LogicPro, and other units, including theory, online music promotion, and more.
Francesco is also an ICMA examiner and can prepare pupils for exams for this board as well as ABRSM, LCM, and Trinity; he is also a Standards Verifier for BTEC/Pearson's for Music and Music Technology Nationals in England. He is also a Regional Officer for Aberdeen (and Scotland) for the European String Teachers' Association UK, and an International Baccalaureate music/music technology examiner.
With Francesco you will have access to:
- technology insights to improve your learning and self-evaluation;
- using a wide variety of techniques to understand physical movements in musical performance;
- online learning, online exam preparation, going into exams (physical or remote);
- violin playing through different repertoires: pop/contemporary, world music, and classical;
- support through proprietary materials, and access to information about producing your own music;
- advice on literature, resources, books, publications for sheet music, instructional videos, backing tracks.
Francesco looks forward to meeting you for your learning journey.