By only working with quality, professional music teachers, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Reverend I. S. P.
G.D.B.M.S.C.OT, L.R.S.M.[Perf], P.G.C.E, P.G.C.Ed Man, P.G.Dip. Ed Man, C.C.R.S. I am an experienced professional Trumpet player and Teacher for over 40 years performing in Championship Brass Bands and Orchestras.
My approach to Music has always been one of an 'open door' approach where music should be accessible to all. Lessons have a varied yet consistent approach depending on the level of the student.\
I have taught in Middle and Secondary Schools for as Head of Music for over 30 years, teaching G.C.S.E, A/S, A level and BTEC music at levels 2 and 3 with a 100% pass rate at KS5. Presently a music teacher in a secondary college and C.R.B. checked.
• Started playing the Cornet at 8 years old in the Manx Youth Band under Mr J.Crosbie, MBE, also receiving piano and Theory lessons from Miss E. Christian MBE.
Became principal cornet in 1979 – 80 conducted by George Thompson, Walter Hargreaves and Duncan Beat of the Scots Guards. / also Edward Heath.
• Gained Grade 8 Cornet[ Merit] and theory along with Grade 7 pianoforte.
• IOM 12 – 16 Solo Champion for 3 years.
• IOM Open Solo champion 3 years.
• Gained a Graduate Diploma in Band Musicianship at Salford training under, Roy Newsome, David Loukes, Cornet teacher, the Late David James [ ex trumpet BBC Scottish symphony Orchestra , conductor of Grimethorpe Colliery band], Goff Richards, Harry Mortimer, Elgar Howarth.
• Played Cornet for Rochdale Wilsons, Leyland DAF [ BNFL], and Kennedy Swinton Concert Brass under Dr. Dave King . 1982 – 85 / 87 – 88. PLAYING IN THE British open And National Championship section - London 1987.
• Musical Director Rainford Silver Band 1996 – 97 gaining promotion from 4th to 3rd section in 9 months.
• Musical director of numerous school orchestras /bands and musicals from 1987 – present day.
•. Presently receiving tuition from John Dickinson, ex BBC Scottish Symphony and The Halle Orchestra, and Trumpet tutor at the RNCM.
•. Trumpet player with Howard Rogerson's Promenade Concert Orchestra.
Presently Principal Trumpet - Haffner Orchestra, Lancaster.