By only working with quality, professional music teachers, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Poppy C.
Poppy has been teaching for the past 7 years and has absolutely loved sharing her skills and techniques with her students. Poppy is a classically trained singer and has been singing since she was 9 years old taking her classical exams and then moving on to music theatre at college and then onto drama school in Manchester taking her BA HONS in Musical Theatre. Since graduating poppy has performed in multiple tours, gigged as a professional singer and used her weekends to teach singing to children aged 5-18.
Since a very young age poppy has had the opportunity to perform in theatres such as : The Royal Albert Hall, Theatre Royal Drury lane, Her Majesty's Theatre and Shaftesbury Theatre.
Vocal lessons with Poppy
Lessons will include:
- Creation of a core warm up specified to your needs for you to use anywhere, any time to warm up your vocals.
- Focus on breath work
- Explanation of the anatomy of singing
- Learning a song you have picked or poppy has picked to incorporate all of the skills you are learning into a performance piece
- Working on multiple exercises for good vocal health
- Exercises to increase stamina, and vocal range
- Key physical exercises to aid pitch, diction and tone
- All of these things will be taught in sections including a section for acting through song.
Your First Lesson
Poppy will cover the following:
- Start with a gentle warm up to gage the tone and qualities of your voice
- Discuss your goals and your ambitions for your singing lessons
- Teach some foundational exercises to asses your technique and get a good understanding of what you need to work on and what you are doing well, this will include things like: breathing exercises, gentle hums, matching pitch etc
- Teach a short simple song depending on the length of the first lesson ( poppy suggests 45 minutes as a good place to start) so you can put together some of the foundation techniques poppy has touched on in the lesson.
No matter where you are in your journey, Poppy would love to hear from you. If you are interested In singing lessons or have any questions do not hesitate to message poppy and she will happily aid you in any way she can.