By only working with quality, professional music teachers, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Peter M.
- Five years of teaching experience with children and adults, many students achieving Distinctions in Rockschool Grade Exams.
- Lead singer and guitarist with Phantom Isle. Music featured on Channel 4, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC Asian Network, Radio X and more.
- Performed at Isle Of Wight Festival, T In The Park, The Great Escape Festival and European Music Festivals
- 20 years experience of writing, performing and recording with bands
- First Class Degree in BSc Hons Sound Engineering and Production from Birmingham City University
"Music is the universal language of mankind"
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
To me this quote pretty much sums up why people should learn to play music; it helps to make sense of the world around us and brings us closer together...as well as being really good fun!
I started my musical journey as a singer at the age of 5, recording renditions of Tom Jones to cassette tape with my brother and singing at family events and school concerts. Aged 12 I was given Queen's Platinum Collection by my dad and aspired to learn every instrument I could hear on their records.
Now aged 30, I have sung, played Drums, Guitar, Bass and Piano with numerous artists with exceptional musicians as well as having earned a first class degree in BSc (Hons) Sound Engineering and Production from Birmingham City University. I currently front a new indie band called Phantom Isle championed by BBC Introducing and played regularly on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 6Music.
You can choose to start learning one of the listed instruments from the very beginning or develop your skills if you are already an experienced player. Become the musician that you want to be at your own pace and in a way that suits you best. My students have achieved Distinction and Merit in their grade exams and you can too.
I hold a DBS certification and can go through everything you need to know about reading sheet music, useful techniques for learning by ear and even advice on playing live gigs. My specialism is Rock and Pop so guidance through the Rockschool syllabus can be provided for all instruments listed (including Music Production). Guidance through ABRSM and Trinity Grades can also be provided. All ages taught.