By only working with quality, professional music teachers, we can guarantee the highest standard of music education.
About Nina K.
My approach to teaching is friendly, encouraging, patient and fun! Learning an instrument is an experimental process, different for everyone, and therefore I believe in an individualised approach, seeking to yield the best response from each individual pupil, no matter their age or current standard. I seek to develop each pupil's musicianship as well as technique, for which confidence building and the freedom to experiment during lessons are crucial. Most importantly, music is about sharing the joy of creativity so I believe lessons should be fun, imaginative and rewarding. I can offer lessons in violin, piano and improvisation in person or online focused on creating a positive, inclusive and supportive approach to teaching. I have an enhanced DBS check and really love teaching and finding the fun in learning!
National teaching experience includes:
- Individual violin and piano lessons in the York area
- RAD Piano teacher at York High School
- Graduate Teaching Assistant on the performance modules for masters and undergraduate degrees at the University of York
- Outreach teacher with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment in the Durham area
- Group primary school violin lessons in Warwickshire
- GCSE composition and performance coaching at Whitworth Park Secondary School, Durham
- Ensemble coaching in university ensembles, Durham
International teaching experience includes:
- Individual violin lessons for 8 year-old to adult pupils in the Conservatoire for North Peru, Trujillo, Peru
- Ensemble coaching at Jersey Academy of Music, Jersey
- Primary school music lessons in Huanchaco, Peru